Options

Where are GCIH e-courses/tutorials available on internet?

egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
Does anybody know where there are e-courses/tutorials available to study for Incident Handler? Not necessarily to certify as GCIH but a course where you could complete and print out a certificate to put in your cube/office. This is besides the very expensive SANS official courses or PluralSight.com. I have indeed looked through the sticky post on this forum for study resources and they all seem to reference material from sans.org.

Thanks in advance guys.
B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So you just want it to print out on your wall? So the actual GCIH is off the table, and you mentioned pluralsight which is only $35 a month. You want a free certification? In that case maybe something like this Cybrary course?

https://www.cybrary.it/course/incident-response-and-handling/

I can't vouch, it might be 0% useful, but if you watch it you can print out a certificate that said you did.

If you're planning on challenging the GCIH without the course and you don't want to pay for anything, I really don't suggest it. Plus the exam by itself is $1899.
  • Options
    egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    So you just want it to print out on your wall? So the actual GCIH is off the table, and you mentioned pluralsight which is only $35 a month. You want a free certification? In that case maybe something like this Cybrary course?

https://www.cybrary.it/course/incident-response-and-handling/

I can't vouch, it might be 0% useful, but if you watch it you can print out a certificate that said you did.

If you're planning on challenging the GCIH without the course and you don't want to pay for anything, I really don't suggest it. Plus the exam by itself is $1899.

Danielm7 you're my brother from another mother. A true rock-star of TE. Thanks a million for making this suggestion!
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    All good, hope the course is worth watching!