Options

Passed - 9.22.2018 - CISSP

DeezyFFDeezyFF Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed the CISSP exam yesterday.

I attended a TrainingCamp Class through the week and took the exam on Saturday. The TrainingCamp class definitely helped me focus on studying for the full week.

Also used several sources for CISSP Videos that my company provides:

Rick Crisci on LinkedIn Learning
Several classes on Pluralsight

Books:
Sybex and the Sybex Testing book (book was fantastic for testing understanding of principles)

Best advice I can give you is that CISSP is all about understanding the principles. Most of the questions required me to read them 2 or 3 times to make sure I fully understood what they were asking for. I had to go all the way to 150 questions on the exam as well, so I was concerned that I didn't pass when the exam ended.
WGU BS-IT Security: Complete
​:cheers:

Comments

• Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Fantastic job!

If you don't mind me asking, what was your motivation for sitting for the exam - work, personal goal, etc.? Did you do practice exams or simply used the questions that came with the Sybex book? How was the LinkedIn learning course (as I don't see it being referred to as a learning material often)?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    DeezyFFDeezyFF Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was motivated by personal goal of becoming a CIO one day. I know I'm far away from that goal, but it may set me up for the promotion.

I did a 100 question and 125 question practice test through training camp. The Sybex test book was awesome as they had questions broken up by domain. So if I wasn't good at a certain domain such as Software Development, I went to that domain and studied those questions. The ones I got wrong I looked them up in the Sybex book and read to understand the principles that I missed or didn't fully understand.

The Linkedin learning ones were almost identical to the PluralSight training. They would be a toss-up, I only used the LinkedIn learning as work just started using it internally.
    WGU BS-IT Security: Complete
    ​:cheers: