Options

Kaplan CISSP Test

WillievWilliev Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone use the Kaplan Cissp test?
I'm currently doing a boot camp with New Horizons and it came with the Kaplan test prep. Just wondering how close it is to the test. If I'm getting at least 80% on those practice test. Am I ready to take the actual exam?

Comments

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As with any certification, it's best to use multiple resources. Depending on one resource is not a good avenue IMO.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    One of my colleagues used the Transcender exam prep / question bank that went along with CBT Nuggets materials at the time. He said that the Kaplan/Transcender questions were worded fairly similar to the CISSP exam 2-3 years ago. Like Shochan said, use multiple resources to formulate a good foundation before heading to the exam. I recommend using BOSON exam simulator, it helped me greatly which reinforced the CISSP concepts and managerial thought processes. Good luck.
  • Options
    laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As others have said - try and practice using a variety of sources of questions. You'll find that the easiest questions to write are things like which of the following is the correct key length for .... However you also need some scenario based questions which actually get you thinking. I wrote a few which I put into an app if you're interested - you can have a crack at the first 50 for free, link in the signature.

Otherwise - you might as well do all the Sybex ones - they aren't the best but as they come with the study guide you might as well do them anyway! :)
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog