Clarity on ISACA Q&A database

dannyc617dannyc617 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am very to knew learning about CISM and it's impact on the industry. In my entire career it's been CISSP or nothing. I've seen numerous posts by people who say that they used the ISACA Q&A database. What is this exactly and what format does it come in. Is it a book, .pdf. online link, etc...I am interested in obtaing to use for study purposes.

thanks and I apologize in advance for this very novice question

Comments

• dannyc617dannyc617 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ignore phone typos. the first line should read " I am very new and learning about CISM"
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The ISACA Q&A database are just a set of 1001 practice test questions. You can order the book from ISACA's website or purchase the online version. I don't know what your level of experience is but the Q&A database is more or less giving you insight on how the questions will look like on the actual exam.

The CISM is completely managerial and makes no mention of anything technical. The CISSP is not really technical in nature when it comes to the exam but it sure is when studying for it.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
    Thanks. The term database is what was throwing me off. As for you comment about the CISSP, i agree 100%. That's exactly why i didn't pass and why I will now take the CISM in the meantime until I can take the CISSP again. I screwed up and tried to provide the technical answer to the questions which is a big no-no on the CISSP.
    Thanks. The term "database" was throwing me off and i am only a day into researching the CISM.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Do a search on my thread "ISACA CISM QAE database in detail".
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You also get this in book format - same thing (but answers at bottom of page). I personally chose the book as I prefer this method. I was lucky to pass the CISM/CISA/CRISC just by going over the concepts in the Q&A book supplementing this with my experience.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...