Options

70-741 passed to the point.

danielcreeddanielcreed Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
Got a 700. Was stressed as I really needed to pass this exam. Its certainly a tough one. But so are all the MCSA exams.

So happy to pass this exam. But felt I didn't deserve a pass as there was a lot of uncertainty. But I will take it.

Onto the 70-742. Hopefully it's easier then the other two.

I'm actually doing the MCSA windows 10 too. Basically its server, client , server then client kind of mentality. I basically study the windows 10 exams as a cool down to keep active. As the windows server exams are draining and put you to the test. They help me relax as crazy as that sounds.

In case anyone's interested I watched CBT nuggets and used measure-up to practice test. Plus the official Microsoft green book.
Anyways thanks for listening to me ramble. I'm just super happy to be writing the fact I passed even if it was barely. icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job! A pass is a pass.

Good Luck with the final test. I look forward to seeing you around here a bit more.
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    As others have said, a pass is a pass, therefore a big congrats!
    Can't speak for everyone, but I've never had an interviewer ask me my exams scores, I've never felt the need to ask for exam scores when I was giving the interviews. Furthermore, no one that I am personally aware of has even asked for or been asked for their exam scores. I am sure it has happened, but it seems to be a very rare occurrence.
  • Options
    I say I didn't deserve the pass but I studied daily for 5 weeks. I think I may have earned this win but just felt a little too easy as I struggled with most Microsoft exams. My CCNA I passed first time.

Anyways thanks for the encouragement. I am glad it's behind me.
  • Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I say I didn't deserve the pass but I studied daily for 5 weeks. I think I may have earned this win but just felt a little too easy as I struggled with most Microsoft exams. My CCNA I passed first time.

Anyways thanks for the encouragement. I am glad it's behind me.

You must be one of the lucky ones to find 70-741 easily...lol. I struggled with this exam after multiple attempts and 4 months of studying but networking has always been my weakest point.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    I feel very lucky. Self studying is a very hard thing to explain as we all have different backgrounds and ways of doing things. Networking is my strongest point. I worked in the industry mainly working on that. But that said. I certainly was drained from learning in this exam. I put my all in. From practice tests on my phone to the offical. Doing subnetting. Watching cbt nuggets and reading. Writing wrong answers down and understanding why was crucial.

Also just to say this was my first Microsoft exam to pass first time.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I feel very lucky. Self studying is a very hard thing to explain as we all have different backgrounds and ways of doing things. Networking is my strongest point. I worked in the industry mainly working on that. But that said. I certainly was drained from learning in this exam. I put my all in. From practice tests on my phone to the offical. Doing subnetting. Watching cbt nuggets and reading. Writing wrong answers down and understanding why was crucial.

Also just to say this was my first Microsoft exam to pass first time.

Congrats man. Microsoft exams are harder for me than networking as well. I think the thing that helped me most was labbing.
  • Options
    Yeah true. I'm not too concerned if an employer asked for my score. In my opinion if you can pass these exams. You know your stuff. I'm writing the 70-697 on Saturday. Excited and stressed but let's see how it goes. 3 weeks of studying basically then I got windows 10 mcsa if I pass
  • Options
    eillinois31eillinois31 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got a 700. Was stressed as I really needed to pass this exam. Its certainly a tough one. But so are all the MCSA exams.

So happy to pass this exam. But felt I didn't deserve a pass as there was a lot of uncertainty. But I will take it.

Onto the 70-742. Hopefully it's easier then the other two.

I'm actually doing the MCSA windows 10 too. Basically its server, client , server then client kind of mentality. I basically study the windows 10 exams as a cool down to keep active. As the windows server exams are draining and put you to the test. They help me relax as crazy as that sounds.

In case anyone's interested I watched CBT nuggets and used measure-up to practice test. Plus the official Microsoft green book.
    Anyways thanks for listening to me ramble. I'm just super happy to be writing the fact I passed even if it was barely. icon_cheers.gif

Congrats! I'd say the 70-742 is actually the toughest of the three, but is my opinion(I've dealt with AD/Group Policy for some time). Definitely lab it up for the 70-742 and definitely know how Group Policy works in and out. Without giving away too much(NDA), I know group policy but they asked a question that was ridiculously more complicated than it should be(had to skip it and circle back to it). Good luck, you'll do just fine with the green book, CBT nuggets and Measureup test(I did same thing). I just got my MCSA 2016 in September, felt good to finish those 3 tests. Studying now for 70-744.
  • Options
    november24november24 Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations :)

I've been studying for 70-740 for more than 4 months and each day I feel like I know nothing, I feel that I'm never prepared for the exam.
    anyway... may I ask you a question? why are you studying for Win 10 cert?
  • Options
    To be honest. I was once applying for jobs and saw it as a requirement. So I thought why not get the best of both worlds the client side and server side. The 70-740 was the beast to me but I think figuring out how to self study was my challenge.