Options

Gcpm

mjs1104mjs1104 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I'm currently in the master's program at SANS and have to take the GCPM certification next month. Has anyone taken this recently? Did you find the test difficult? There isn't a lot of information out there in regards to the GCPM that I can find. I have taken the 525 course and have all the materials. I'm currently working on an outline of the material. Thanks in advance.
GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, GCPM, GMON, GCTI, GCFA, GREM, GPEN, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, C|EH, EnCE, ACE, CFCE, etc.

Comments

• Options
    quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am also in the MSISE program. I haven't taken the course or exam yet. I was saving it for last in hopes that it can be taken on-demand by then. Having taken the course do see any reason that it needs to be taken at a live event?
  • Options
    There are a lot of group exercises where you interact with other people in the class, otherwise I see no reason why it can't be taken OnDemand. I'm a few SANS certs deep at this point, and this isn't really a class that you can index the books in the traditional manner because the terms are used over and over again and an index wouldn't be practical. Just wondering what people's strategies were for passing this or if it is pretty much common sense.
    GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, GCPM, GMON, GCTI, GCFA, GREM, GPEN, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, C|EH, EnCE, ACE, CFCE, etc.
  • Options
    Took the GCPM and passed. The material on the practice exams and the test had not been updated to reflect the 2018 processes. Luckily for me I brought a diagram of the old process list or else I might not have passed. It was hard to get motivated to study project management material but I powered through it.