Options

Changing degrees at WGU to Data Management / Data Analytics

boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I'm currently in the Network and Security degree program getting ready to sit the ICND2 exam in 2 weeks. I will be talking to my mentor Friday about changing to...

https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/data-management-analytics-bachelors-program.html

The reason I'm doing this is because I'm consequentially learning Python and SQL anyway. The market seems to have a very high demand for people who can both work in their departments with secondary coding/ automation skills. It seems to me like the market is trending to having a broader range of skill sets and I figure if I'm going to have to learn this anyway may as well take the CCNA and try and get any entry level job in IT while taking the database management and automation classes in Python.

For those of you experienced in SQL/ MySQL and or have taken these classes at WGU what are some good books that I can purchase that go along well with this program?
Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.