opinion about Fort hayes U, university of the cumberland, Norfolk state?

technewtechnew Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello everyone

I needed some advise. I'm interested in getting my masters in cyber security online and I'm very limited on funds. After a thorough research I found few universities which are affordable:

1. Fort Hayes University (public university, very affordable ----leaning towards this)
2. University of the Cumberland (private, non - profit)
3. Norfolk state university [fee structure is very ambiguous]
4. American military university (FOR PROFIT!!)

I'm not eligible for WGU masters since my bachelors was non IT and I dont have CEH or any work experience yet.

Has anyone come across these universities? which one should I choose? Please advise if there is another university out there with good online program and affordable.

Would appreciate any advise/opinion on this please.

Thanks

Comments

• MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    technew wrote: »
    Hello everyone

I needed some advise. I'm interested in getting my masters in cyber security online and I'm very limited on funds. After a thorough research I found few universities which are affordable:

1. Fort Hayes University (public university, very affordable ----leaning towards this)- Never heard of it
    2. University of the Cumberland (private, non - profit)-
    3. Norfolk state university [fee structure is very ambiguous]-It's a HBCU. So, it's known in that realm. Not the top HBCU in the world but people are familiar with it. It's not hard to get into. Are you a Virginia resident? What made you pick this school if you don't mind me asking?
    4. American military university (FOR PROFIT!!)-I would never suggest a for profit institution.

I'm not eligible for WGU masters since my bachelors was non IT and I dont have CEH or any work experience yet.

Has anyone come across these universities? which one should I choose? Please advise if there is another university out there with good online program and affordable.

Would appreciate any advise/opinion on this please.

Thanks

Please see bold..
  • cabowabocabowabo Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't know much about it, but I know Arizona State University has online programs and they have some sort of deal with people who work at Starbucks stores where they either get a free or discount on their tuition. Might be worth looking into, if your willing to go work at a Starbucks.
    B.S. Network Admin | CCNP-Wireless
    CERTIFICATION GOALS 2018:
    CCNP-W [X] ACSA [X] JNCIA [X]
    CERTIFICATION GOALS 2019: CCIE-W [ ? ] CWAP [ ? ]
  • technewtechnew Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks, will look into it.
    Thanks for your reply. The only reason Norfolk state university got my attention was the tuition ( yes I’m a VA resident ) and the fact that it is a public university. There curriculum looked pretty on point too.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I did my undergrad at FHSU's Virtual College. I have to say that I enjoyed it an order of magnitude more than WGU. The only "problem" was that I couldn't accelerate. But other than that, zero issues.
    Thanks. I ll be applying for their masters program. Very affordable!