IIS 7.0 Application Pool assistance needed Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

jah8887jah8887 Posts: 57Member ■■■□□□□□□□
The process model identity was reverted to default when it should be a domain account created to service it. Is their anyway to revert this to the old username by restoring a configuration file etc?



*Edit*
Found the Application history cofiguration file on a tape backup after searching. Since I have fixed that I still am getting 3 event ID error codes in Server 2008 R2 Standard. Any assistance on these 3 messages? The domain account used to let these application pools run has not been touched in years and the password has never expired.

Event ID 5059
Application pool SharePoint - 80 has been disabled. Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) encountered a failure when it
started a worker process to serve the application pool.


Event ID 5057
Application pool SharePoint - 80 has been disabled. Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) did not create a worker process to serve the application pool because the application pool identity is invalid.


Event ID 5021
The identity of application pool SharePoint - 80 is invalid. The user name or password that is specified for the identity
may be incorrect, or the user may not have batch logon rights. If the identity is not corrected, the application pool will
be disabled when the application pool receives its first request. If batch logon rights are causing the problem, the
identity in the IIS configuration store must be changed after rights have been granted before Windows Process Activation
Service (WAS) can retry the logon. If the identity remains invalid after the first request for the application pool is
processed, the application pool will be disabled. The data field contains the error number.

Comments

  • LonerVampLonerVamp OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, CCNA Cyber Ops, Sec+ Posts: 317Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you copy the old config file over the current one, or did you manually key in the username it should be into the setting? I'd think doing the latter would fix this up. That third event log entry mentions batch logon rights. Did those rights get removed?

    Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, CCNA Cyber Ops, Sec+
    2019 goals: GWAPT, Linux+, SLAE (possible: SEC573, CCSP, Splunk F&PU)
  • jah8887jah8887 Posts: 57Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did look at the accounts making sure it wasn't accidentally disabled etc but I did find the solution which irritated me. Our CEO is big into outsourcing our IT patching and security to a third party company. That company pushed patches to the 2008 box and when it rebooted the account configured for the SQL Service was removed from my group I created to allow Batch logon rights. I added the account back and it started up just fine after that. Thanks for the assistance and looking into this with me!
Sign In or Register to comment.