Options

yet another sim scoring question..

sleemiesleemie Member Posts: 109
I've read the sticky, but it didn't address this specifically...

how important is it to get the question "right." I realize they give partial credit, but what I mean is that if I go through let's say a routing protocol sim and i test with ping, but it doesn't work. how much difference will it make since I've already kind of screwed it up and will already get my partial credit for all the parts I did get right to go back through and check everything and make it work? Will I get a bunch more points for having it working in the end even though my mistake may have been something really minor that was causing it not to work.

Also, does anyone know how much you're penalized for making errors that you immediately correct? For example, let's say I create an extended ACL and apply it to the interface and use the "ip access-list" command and it gives me an error message and then immediately correct it and us "ip access-group." Are you penalized for that or do you still get that part as correct since the end result will be a properly applied access list?

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I realize the sims may be seem a bit intimidating at first, but those really are 'the' question which you can score on. You don't get penalized for anything but a final incorrect configuration. So you could delete the entire config, rebuild it, and still score 100% on that sim.

In short: a command is not an answer, the configuration of the router/switch before you submit it and move on to the next questions is your answer. So even if you would write a poem in the sim, and than configure it correctly, you can still get full credit.
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Possible senario how the scoring goes is 2 sims,100 points for each,start score 300,therefore if you get the sims automatically get 500, if you get about 65% on the rest you pass,so not so difficult.Generally the sims are easy enough once you know the topics.I havent come across a difficult sim yet and if i was setting the exam i would make the sims more challenging.If you fail the sims you must score alot higher on the rest of the theory which can make the exam that much harder.Anyway everything i wrote above is speculation but it makes sense to me haha.
    So dont worry so much about the sims if they do decide to make them harder we might all be screwed.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$