Options

MCSA Question types

PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Studying for my first Microsoft test. I'm studying with ITPro.tv right now, and using their Practice tests (Kaplan?)

I have run accross these "fill in the command"(-let) questions several times in a practice test. This one I got in hand, but on another I missed for something like Get-AuditEvents rather than Get-AuditEvent. Are these fill in the blank, with free-typed questions on the actual test?
If it was something like multiple choice, get-command to list available, or tab complete then I'm confident, but I'm worried at the prospect of having to remember things like whether a command is plural or not

S18gqvI.png

7kwbBXX.png

Comments

• Options
    N7ValiantN7Valiant Member Posts: 363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not sure anyone can answer without violating NDA, but quick tip about Powershell:
    All cmdlets assume singular and not plural terms.
    OSCP
    MCSE: Core Infrastructure
    MCSA: Windows Server 2016
    CompTIA A+ | Network+ | Security+ CE
  • Options
    That is part of powershell best practices, yes, but there are many times where even Microsoft modules do not follow this.
    Here are a few cmdlets that seem plural from modules I had in my system handy. I have highlighted the ones provided by Microsoft
    z4RFg0Y.png

Even then, most of these are referring to these collectively, but I was also attempting to refer to the Audit Events collectively, so....
  • Options
    Surely it doesn't break NDA to say "There are questions that are fill in the blank where you have to type the cmdlet in" or "There are questions that are fill in the blank but they are multiple choice and you just have to select the correct cmdlet"

if they were to say "Well there was one question about 'what cmdlet would you use to get the IP address of a network adapter?' and I had to type in 'Get-NetIPAddress'" THAT would be breaking the NDA.

It doesn't break the NDA for me to tell people that there were simulation questions in my CompTIA exams, but it would if I was to talk about the specifics and give away the premise of the question, but not the mechanics of the question.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't recall having to fill in the blank. I can't say for sure that it is not an option on the test but if it is it is limited.

I can say I get them wrong every time on the practice tests myself. If you get close on the fill in the blank options then you know your doing OK. Microsoft wants you to learn powershell but this is not a command memorization test. This link has a section on exam format.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/certification-exams.aspx?types=true
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    In my experience, all command line/PS questions I've had on MS exams were multiple choice.  You are going to have to pretty much know the switches for the commands, or at least be able to tell what syntax is bogus and what is not.  I can remember them being tricky unless you are familiar with the command.