Options

Need suggestions

premdhar007premdhar007 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi. I just finished my studies and I'm living in NZ. I don't have ANY IT experience. I want to start my IT career. I wanted to give some IT exams as it was suggested by few folks here. I ended up watching CBT nuggets twice for exam 70-698. Tried few practice tests but didn't score well. I know these exams would be retiring soon. Can someone suggest me with some good resources.

Comments

• Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi. I just finished my studies and I'm living in NZ. I don't have ANY IT experience. I want to start my IT career. I wanted to give some IT exams as it was suggested by few folks here. I ended up watching CBT nuggets twice for exam 70-698. Tried few practice tests but didn't score well. I know these exams would be retiring soon. Can someone suggest me with some good resources.

Do you have any background in IT at all from hobbies, etc?
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    MrNetTekMrNetTek Member Posts: 100 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited July 2019
    Start with the objectives from Microsoft. You must learn the objectives inside and out, before attempting the exam. So, basically, copy the objectives---use that as your syllabus. 

Now, as for study material, you need the videos (take notes during the videos), a good cert book, some testing material, and....equally important, a lab. Get used to using labs to learn.

For exact study material, it's always changing. Use Amazon to do a few book comparisons; read the reviews.

Use Windows 10 every day, explore the settings, change settings, play with PowerShell, and research what Windows 10 can do. You just need more exposure to the OS; that will help.