Should I wait for 1001/1002?

dammetsdammets Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
CompTIA's website says the new 220-1001 and 220-1002 exam codes are starting in January. I'm trying to get into IT with no experience and wanted to start by studying for the A+.

Should I go ahead and start studying and take the 901/902 or will it be better to wait a few months? Will the 901/902 be outdated once the new series is out?

Thanks in advanced and glad to meet you all!

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Here are a few things to consider:

1. No employer will ask you which version you took, unless you are trying to become an instructor.  All they tend to care about is whether or not your A+ is current.
    2. There are a lot of 901/902 materials available to help you study.  Read the reviews, and this site, to find the best materials out there.  For the next iteration of the exam you will have to wait for the books, videos, and practice materials to be published, reviewed, and for people to hash out what it is that CompTIA is looking for in the exams.  That can take months, which means it's probably not worth waiting for at this time.  The exam availability will overlap, usually for close to six months, so the older exam won't be considered outdated.
    3. There is no telling which one will be easier, but a fair guess is the newer one will be harder.  

Either way, successfully passing the exams will net you the A+ certification.  
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • dammetsdammets Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That all makes a lot of sense, thank you! I'm glad there's a lot of time to take the old version once the new one comes out.