Options

Advice...

unwritt3nunwritt3n Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Im currently enrolled in the Cisco Networking Academy... been doing it part time over 2 years. Next week I am doing my Final Theory/Practical Exam for CCNA 4: WAN Technologies. Once I am successfull i will have complete the CCNA Academy. I know i should go for my actual CCNA Certification, but do you guys reckon having successfully graduated in the CCNA Networking Academy with all chapter/final/practical scores above 80%, would i still be recognised???

After next week, i have 2 week break, then onto the CCNP modules.

Also, if i were to do the CCNA exam, am i better doing it off with the 2 part 1 and 2 exams, or just the 1 big exam???

thanks
Studying: 70-290, CCNP 1, CCSP 1

Comments

• Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Do the one big exam, broader questions, and costs less money. It's all over and done with in one exam.
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    unwritt3n wrote:
    I know i should go for my actual CCNA Certification, but do you guys reckon having successfully graduated in the CCNA Networking Academy with all chapter/final/practical scores above 80%, would i still be recognised???
    No.... taking classes for a certification exam does not replace taking and passing the certification exam.

I took the CCNA academy courses and know that different academies can weigh different parts higher or lower. I also have heard about academies letting students re-take module exams... and maybe even the finals.

I think the Network Academies are great preparation for the CCNA, but I'd give a self-study CCNA an interview, and tell the Academy student who never took or passed the CCNA exam to apply again when they have the CCNA.

If you can't pass the CCNA exam then you probably aren't prepared to start the CCNP Academy courses.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!