Network + apps and practice exams

bowmattybowmatty MemberPosts: 76Member ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys, 

Ive completed Jason Dion training material and now want to do every practice exam under the sun.  I scored 65% on the Jason Dion practice exam so not very confident at the moment :(

Can anyone recommend a phone app and website for flash cards and practice exams which are similar to the real exam? 

Thanks

Comments

• Skyliinez92Skyliinez92 Level 99 Wizard Posts: 758Mod Mod
    edited November 2018
    MeasureUp is the best source in my opinion. They are slightly 'costly' but the level of difficulty is close to the exam. You can customise them to train on particular objectives, and perform 'quick' tests or 'real certification' style exams with a time limit. Each answer will give a detailed response to why it's correct or incorrect, so you are also learning while doing the tests.

They have a 'demo' of the exam, so you can try before you buy.

https://www.measureup.com/

I think they are also compatible for smart phones and tablets, but you may want to confirm that.

Just out of curiosity, how much training have you done so far? If you are scoring 65%, you may want to work on your weak areas before moving onto another practice test. You'll want to put some time into studying each objective rather than memorize exam questions.

https://certification.comptia.org/docs/default-source/exam-objectives/comptia-network-n10-007-v-3-0-exam-objectives.pdf
    There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 76Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Skylinez! Thank you for replying.

i have been studying on and off since around May, my main revision has been the Jason Dions videos, exam cram book. 
    I have done two practice exams now and both scoring around 65% mark. The exam have such similar answers which confuses me. When i go back over the exam to review incorrect answers, usually its my second choice of answer thats correct... so frustrating!!
  • Skyliinez92Skyliinez92 Level 99 Wizard Posts: 758Mod Mod
    Always go with your gut instinct on a question you're not sure about, and never change your answer unless you're 100% sure. I've made that mistake a few times.

It sounds like you're close. I've not personally used that study source before. Have you had a look at Professor Messer? He has some really good videos for the comptia exams and I've always passed first time with him. It might not hurt to take a look and fill in any gaps you're unsure about.

Also make sure you review the Net+ objectives. It shows everything that could possibly show up in the exam. If you mark each one off like a checklist that you are near 100% in you should be ready.
    There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 76Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah ive briefly looked over Professor Messer but will look into his videos more now. Thanks. 

Yeah will get the exam objectives and go over them, thanks for your advice :)