Options

How soon do you receive certificate?

sleemiesleemie Member Posts: 109
After I pass my test this Friday, how soon will I receive my certificate. I guess it's a whole welcome kit, but I'm thinking of the certificate so I can surprise my bosses by emailing them a copy of it.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sleemie wrote:
    After I pass my test this Friday, how soon will I receive my certificate. I guess it's a whole welcome kit, but I'm thinking of the certificate so I can surprise my bosses by emailing them a copy of it.
    I always get the paper version and the wallet card and the form letter from John Chambers in the mail as my free copy -- and that has made it as soon as 3 week (rather than the 6-8 weeks they say it could take).

When you pass, follow the vague instructions on your score sheet and on the Cisco Certification Tracking Website and create your login. I took my exam on a Friday and my results and my Cisco ID were posted by the following Tuesday -- there could be that initial registration delay as Cisco assigns your Cisco ID. Other tests usually post the next day or Monday for Friday/Saturday exams.

Once you're in, you can check your "Certificate Status" and order additional copies (up to 2 more each of either paper or electronic for $15). They recently added an upgrade to the one "free" version (or additional paid) paper version -- DHL shipping with tracking for $18 or $19 dollars (that's in addition to the $15 if its an additional paid copy). You have to request that within the first 5 days of gaining the certificate, otherwise it goes through their postal shipping process.

I always order an extra electronic version in PDF format for the $15 since I don't like waiting. :D That one has been available for downloading usually within 2-4 business days. For that you only get the PDF certificate and another PDF with the front and back of the wallet card..... no John Chambers form letter.

And congratulations in advance for passing the exam this coming Friday! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!