Large projects on resume

white96gtwhite96gt Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am cleaning up the resume and adding recent projects that I worked on. I am having an issue with how much detail I should go into on my resume. For example I recently worked on migrating my company to Office 365. With recent acquisitions this project included moving multiple companies in different forests with on-premises exchange servers to a single tenant. Besides the technical work there was a lot involved like traveling to different states, project management and creating the budget for licenses and presenting it to executives. 

I know a lot of this can be discussed in the interview, but I am concerned with how to word it on the resume to show all these skills. You only have one shot to get that interview.

Comments

• paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The type of detail that you mentioned sounds reasonable imo. I think that it can give a good flavor of the type of experience in those projects. It largely depends on the type of roles that you are seeking. You may want to consider having more than one version of your resume depending on who you are sending it to.

Good luck in your search.

• NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm no expert, but I put a line item in my resume about the project and a little information on what was involved.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm no expert, but I put a line item in my res ume about the project and a little information on what was involved.
     I too put my projects as a bullet item under the company I did the project under, but planning to move that to a page of it's own.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Ideally, you should be writing a summary in paragraph at the start of each job header, and explain your project being one of them. Then include the key details in bullet points. The summary should help to inform the reader on the projects you did, with the bullet point backing optional key details.