Options

70-293... subnetting???

Anyone have many questions on subnetting???

For the life of me, I suck at subnetting.... Anyone have a good ****/sheet or tutorial link??
On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?

Comments

• Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    After taking and passing the CCNA test on the 2nd try, my suggestion is practice, practice, practice. I understood the concept of subnetting, but I am slow at basic math and prone to make mistakes and the test didn't allow calculators of any kind. There wasn't much time to fool around in that test either.

As you practice, you find patterns that you can memorize and tricks that work for you. Our instructor for CCNA had shortcuts, but he wouldn't give them to us because his experience was that each student had his own way of doing things, and him giving shortcuts tended to confuse the students who had a different system.

Google subnetting. There are lots of stuff you can find there.

What's funny is that our instructor would wing giving us practice examples, then realize that the IP address was bad based on the subnet mask.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    But that leads me to another question: Do they provide a calculator on the test? If so, does it do binary to decimal conversions?
  • Options
    solo79solo79 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No to the sci calcs on the tests. MS tests only have the basic calculators. Good luck!
    Finally ALL Done!!!!!!! MCSE:Messaging - Task Complete