Options

CRISC Study Plan

ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited December 2018 in CRISC
This will be my first ISACA exam.  Planning on doing the following:

Read through the CRISC review manual at least 2x - https://www.amazon.com/CRISC-Review-Manual-6th-Isaca/dp/1604203714/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545922093&sr=8-1&keywords=CRISC

Work through all the questions and do tests in the QAE Database

Anything else worth adding to my resources?  I am not planning on taking any formal training....

Also is it worth becoming a member to get the discount on the QAE database?  I am not sure I will be taking any other ISACA exams for 2019 for a while after this one unless I end up at a new job which if any other ISACA certs are required, will have that organization pay for all my material/training.

TIA!
Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Unless CRISC materials have changed in the past 5 years, they are extremely boring so my usual advice is to not operate any machinery after reading their review manual. Coffee was my best resource when going through their stuff. Depending on your experience and since you have a CISSP, the review manual and qae are really all that most people need. 

As for becoming a member, ISACA does have some good resources. I was a member but I stopped renewing my membership because I just never log in to read their stuff. I find that ISACA materials to be theoretical in nature and steeped in governance and compliance concepts which doesn't align with my own needs or interests.
  • Options
    paul78 said:
    Unless CRISC materials have changed in the past 5 years, they are extremely boring so my usual advice is to not operate any machinery after reading their review manual. Coffee was my best resource when going through their stuff. Depending on your experience and since you have a CISSP, the review manual and qae are really all that most people need. 

As for becoming a member, ISACA does have some good resources. I was a member but I stopped renewing my membership because I just never log in to read their stuff. I find that ISACA materials to be theoretical in nature and steeped in governance and compliance concepts which doesn't align with my own needs or interests.
    Thank you for your insight!  I was also looking at the review material on the ISACA website and even the latest information is dated to 2015 for the Review manual and 2016 for the QAE DB.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    AshyxAshyx Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you already have work experience i'd to start with the questions and when you come across concepts that are not that clear from the start (e.g. KRI vs KPI), you can use the manual to lookup the difference. I passed the test last Friday and have yet to receive my formal score.
  • Options
    Ashyx said:
    If you already have work experience i'd to start with the questions and when you come across concepts that are not that clear from the start (e.g. KRI vs KPI), you can use the manual to lookup the difference. I passed the test last Friday and have yet to receive my formal score.
    Thanks for the advice!  I already went through the review manual once.  Was going to do another pass at it, but seems like the right time to start with the QAE DB.