Options

COMPTIA 901 Help!

AzzakazamAzzakazam Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All

I'm about to take my 901 exam. I'm nervous because I'm usually terrible at exams. Any tips by anyone who's done the exam of what to really revise?

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I never took the 901exam,but I took an earlier a+ exam. Review the objectives and focus on what you do not know. When is your exam?  If you have some time buy and go through measure practice exam for the 901
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    AlwaysDogsAlwaysDogs Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Flash cards help a lot because this is indeed the kind of exam where they can help a lot. When reading a textbook and it has a table of numbers to memorize for these exams, you really do need to memorize it for the exam. No matter how boring it may be.

I'm not an IT Exam/Certification vet, I only have a handful of certs but the A+ is one. I found it hard studying for and taking the exam for several reasons. One, it was my first pursued IT certification. The process was new to me. Two, you have to know a lot of things. More accurately, you have to know a little about a lot of things and a lot of it feels more along the lines of trivia than it feels like applicable knowledge. I found memorizing trivia boring and thus it took longer to shove it in my mind and secure it. I learn better when I feel the info is useful, and the amount of pin numbers on socket types does not feel like useful info to have memorized. :P

Before I took the exam I didn't feel like I knew it all that well but I passed, and it wasn't just a passed by barely enough kind of score. I think it is just hard to feel like you know the material well enough, because of the numerous and varied things, especially so if it your first go at this whole process.