SANS SEC566/GCCC

2»

Comments

• KickstoneKickstone Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited March 2020
    Guys,

really appreciated. E Double U, I sent you a message.

I will just take them as reference - building my own one, for sure. I picked the course to understand the stuff, not to get a stupid paper  ;)

Thanks a ton!

• SkriptKiddieSkriptKiddie Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I found my index. What is your email? 
     Hi E Double U, i was browsing to find some good reference for creating my index for my upcoming SEC566 course and exam and found this excellent infosec community page. I would highly appreciate if there is any possibility that you can share the format of your index for my reference if you don't mind. smile
  • FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you paid a bit more attention, you'd see that my index was linked at the bottom of the previous page ;)
    If you paid a bit more attention, you'd see that my index was linked at the bottom of the previous page ;)
    My bad @FluffyBunny :smiley: I already got it! Thanks for this! I hope i could grasp all the right information to pass the exam. Doing both work and study at the same time is hard for this kind of exams though. Anyhow, thanks for this guys. I'll definitely keep you posted. :smile:  Cheers!

On sunday is my first day of SEC566 online course. 
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am thinking about doing either SEC440 or SEC566...  it look like SEC440 is the theorical part of SEC 566 (no labs) and there is no exam associated..  Am I wrong?
    Hi guys! Just an update! I already took my practice test and scored very low: 64% 1st attempt and 71% on the 2nd. I'm suppose to take my exam this Saturday but i think i'm not ready yet so i might move it another week then i'll see how it goes. I already read the books again, just a question is there any possibilities that some of the practice questions will be included on the actual exam?  Thanks in advance :smile:
    Don't count on it.
  • catscapscatscaps Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with FluffyBunny. It is very rare that the same question would appear on the practice exam as well as the real exam. It may be misleading when taking the 2 practice exams and you receive a few questions that are the same on both practice exams. 
    edited August 2020
    catscaps said:
    I agree with FluffyBunny. It is very rare that the same question would appear on the practice exam as well as the real exam. It may be misleading when taking the 2 practice exams and you receive a few questions that are the same on both practice exams. 
    I can confirm. Did the exam five days ago, and nearly every question was totally new to me.

I achieved 73% in the practice tests without deep research and in about 70 minutes each, and 82% in the exam itself. I experienced the "real" questions much harder, spent nearly the whole time. 
    edited August 2020
    Thank you Guys @FluffyBunny @Kickstone @catscaps  for your feedback. I guess it's best to extend the exam schedule another week for me to have more time to read. 
    Another one holding me up is the scheduled COBIT 5 exam this Wednesday lol. 
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @scriptkiddie - Since I believe anything is possible then technically speaking the answer to your question is yes. It is always a possibility that you could see an almost identically worded question from the practice on the real deal. But the likelihood is low because I do not recall ever seeing the exact same question on the real exam in all five of my GIAC attempts. The again, I never tried to memorize questions either. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Help_ME84Help_ME84 Member Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited March 2021
    I'm currently preparing my Index for SEC566, does anyone have a Index I can look at? I would gladly appreciate it :)
    edited March 2021
    I doubt that my index is going to help you mate, it's from 2019. The books have changed a lot since then, undoubtedly.

But hey, the link is still on page 1 and I never took the PDF down... Good luck on your exam.
    @FluffyBunny Thank you for the feedback
    I just provided mine, it's based on the 2020 books.
    Thanks a lot, I definitely appreciate it @Kickstone
  • charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The course isn't too bad. I have my eyes set to take the exam here soon. 

Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE
    Here's mine @Help_ME84, hope this will help. Best of luck in your exam.
  • K9DevilDogK9DevilDog Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @SkriptKiddie did you take the exam..?