RHCSA

sharpy56sharpy56 Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I've been trying to find the following information on the RHCSA website but I cannot find it listed -- only on blogs posted about these exams so I wanted to confirm the information that I am getting is correct:

1. Are they any prerequisites to sitting this exam?
2. Can you sit this exam at a testing centre or do you need to take the offical training? 

As I have access to other training materials I was looking at saving costs, rather than buying the offical training materials.

Kind regards,
Bob

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    To answer question one:  under the training tab at their certification site it says "In preparation to earn the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat recommends the following:"  I read that as saying that there are no prerequisites for sitting the exam.  As for the second question, I will defer to those who have taken the EX200 exam.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1. No
    2. Yes you can & no you don't.

I haven't taken the exam but I've had these questions myself and found the info on reddit/the RedHat website.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • sharpy56sharpy56 Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone :)