Options

which courses should I do during my UG course to be an ethical hacker?

shnshn Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm a Bsc. Computer science student. I want to be an ethical hacker.which courses should I take during and after my UG course?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It might help if you included which courses you had to choose from in your current program, OR are you asking which Certifications you should take?

UG = Undergraduate
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Ah, well, it depends on how good you already are at ethical hacking. Are you technically experienced enough to go for an advanced EH cert (OSCP), or are you just getting started in EH and need to start at the beginning? There are many discussion threads here at TE that talk about doing both.
  • Options
    I'm just getting started at EH.
    Yes, Im talking about certification courses.
  • Options
    FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Like @MontagueVandervort says, it'd certainly help if you told us what the full program is you could pick from in your UG... I assume "undergrad", right?
  • Options
    Like @MontagueVandervort says, it'd certainly help if you toldI us what the full program is you could pick from in your UG... I assume "undergrad", right?
    I don't understand. Are you asking what are the subjects in my UG course, if that's so :
     C,java,php,RDBMS,linux shell programming....just basic stuff
  • Options
    FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't understand. Are you asking what are the subjects in my UG course, 

That's what I meant, yeah... Because you asked for courses to follow during UG as well, which implied that you could choose from a program.
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    shn said:
    I'm just getting started at EH.
    Yes, Im talking about certification courses.

I would start with Network+ then CASP... after these I would go in for CEH. There is more to do after these, but this should be a good enough start since these will keep you busy for a while as you're also in school.

• Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Tekn0logy said:
    You are still in school? Take a class on Python and C++ programming languages since writing your own code will send you to the front of the line with hiring managers. At the same time, classes that align to Network+/Security+ are mandatory.  If you know nothing about computers (are you the family free tech support?/built your own PC or upgraded hardware?/Know the difference between PCI/PCIe 1x/8x/16x?) A+ might also be in the cards for you. Lastly, if you want to be EH, go with OSCP or CEH+CEH Practical. If you are in school, you might want to research if your school is partnered with SANS, EC-Council, VM-Ware or Cisco and if vendor approved curriculum is available.
    Couldn't agree more with that statement.  
  • Options
    gulatisneha56gulatisneha56 Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□

of course you should have basic knowledge on programming like C, C++ and Java etc. and networking.

About undergraduate course…you can pursue b.tech in Computer Science or b.tech in IT.

BCA/MCA

• Options
    SanErSanEr Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is a very interesting thread! Thanks for sharing your experience, guys!