Options

Passed 801 test this morning....

sleemiesleemie Member Posts: 109
all I can say is WHEW! both on the test and on being done with this thing. scored a 912.

some people in my other post said this thing isn't that difficult, but maybe I found it more challenging because i started from scratch in terms of router and subnetting knowledge and didn't take a class and only studied for two months. I knew the concept of subnetting, but all the details needed for the test I knew squat.

going for my CISSP next...not really related to CCNA type stuff, but security is the hot area right now and this could help me in my career working for the gov't.

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Congrats and good luck. CISSP requires working experience in the security field.
  • Options
    To be certified you have to have experience in any one of the domains they test on, and I have it covered from my previous position working with physical security.
  • Options
    oh...I HAVE to say **** is da bomb. I failed the test a couple of weeks ago with only like a 775 and the only thing I did different was to get the **** subscription and that's what got me through. I also have transcender, but **** was MUCH better.
  • Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    sleemie wrote:
    oh...I HAVE to say **** is da bomb.
    hmmmm......
  • Options
    skaeightskaeight Member Posts: 130
    sleemie wrote:
    oh...I HAVE to say **** is da bomb. I failed the test a couple of weeks ago with only like a 775 and the only thing I did different was to get the **** subscription and that's what got me through. I also have transcender, but **** was MUCH better.
    This site is legit, right? It's not a braindump? I may check it out if it helps.

And congrats on passing!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sleemie wrote:
    all I can say is WHEW! both on the test and on being done with this thing. scored a 912.
    drunken_smilie.gif Make sure you celebrate!

Even though I pre-congratulated since you knew you were going to pass.... gotta say it again! Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    As far as i'm concerned it's legit cuz it's very effective and i wouldn't consider it a braindump any more than I would consider transcender a braindump.
  • Options
    sleemie wrote:
    As far as i'm concerned it's legit cuz it's very effective and i wouldn't consider it a braindump any more than I would consider transcender a braindump.
    Awesome. I definitely will be using this towards the end of my preparation. Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    I used **** but only after 3 months of preparation for the exam (reading and home labs). I don't know what constitutes a 'brain ****' exactly. I will tell you all right now I don't support or condone cheating in anyway, there is nothing more that pisses me off....

With **** you purchase the subscription which includes practice questions in similar question formats to the exam. Many of the questions are derived from many well known text books such as Todd Lammle's or Wendell Odom's. Under each question/answer is a very detailed explanation to the question (ex. EIGRP databases/routes), this helped me patch in spots on where I was missing or was weak. My only beef thing was that they had a VTP sim which was almost identical to the real one in the exam. I don't know how they did this, and I don't know if it would violate the NDA. **** was good though because it gives you alot of practice -- all of the question types are there, M/C, T/F, drag and drop, sims..

I would be willing to give someone access to my subscription to see if it is considered a brain **** or not but as sleemie said I don't see it being any different from the practice questions included in Todd Lammle's text books or Transcender.
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    I used **** but only after 3 months of preparation for the exam (reading and home labs). I don't know what constitutes a 'brain ****' exactly. I will tell you all right now I don't support or condone cheating in anyway, there is nothing more that pisses me off....

With **** you purchase the subscription which includes practice questions in similar question formats to the exam. Many of the questions are derived from many well known text books such as Todd Lammle's or Wendell Odom's. Under each question/answer is a very detailed explanation to the question (ex. EIGRP databases/routes), this helped me patch in spots on where I was missing or was weak. My only beef thing was that they had a VTP sim which was almost identical to the real one in the exam. I don't know how they did this, and I don't know if it would violate the NDA. **** was good though because it gives you alot of practice -- all of the question types are there, M/C, T/F, drag and drop, sims..

I would be willing to give someone access to my subscription to see if it is considered a brain **** or not but as sleemie said I don't see it being any different from the practice questions included in Todd Lammle's text books or Transcender.
    I hope I wasn't misunderstood. I was asking so that if it was a braindump I could avoid it. I have worked hard so far to do things the right way and do not want 'tainted' certifications.
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    skaeight wrote:

I hope I wasn't misunderstood. I was asking so that if it was a braindump I could avoid it. I have worked hard so far to do things the right way and do not want 'tainted' certifications.

I understand, my post wasn't really directed to you, it was directed to someone that could define brain **** better.
    Now working full time!