Newbie / Advise

JB_15JB_15 Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I am a newbie in this community. I love technology and have recently got my MCSE in Productivity. 

I now need advice on the Cloud vendor to focus on as I would like to learn and work wit cloud technology. I have never worked on either Azure or AWS, so I am a total newbie. 

I would like advice on which one to start on, to get solid foundation on cloud computing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Comments

• MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your newly acquired certification.

Great going there!

As for which Cloud vendor to focus on, that all seems to be a matter of personal opinion/taste.

I will share with you what *I* plan to do and perhaps that will help you somehow or at least give you a hint of the direction you would like to go.

My personal plans concerning all of this are as follows:

1. Study Cloud+ to better understand the usage of cloud and its fundamentals. I do not currently plan to take the certification, just study the material for knowledge and see if this is something that is as interesting as it seems to be. I chose Cloud+ because it's vendor-neutral.
    2. If I like Cloud after studying it more carefully then I'll go in for Google's Associate Cloud Engineer Certification.
    3. If I really like that material then I will proceed with one or more of their Professional Level Certifications.
    4. If I didn't care for it then I will move to AWS.
    5. I will do AWS either way, either upon completion of Google certs or in replacement of.

Why did I pick Google? I didn't, necessarily. I picked both Google and AWS. In the end, I'm approximating that AWS will dominate. I don't see Azure in the game at all for the longterm. I could be wrong about that, but that's just my gut-feeling.

Why did I choose to do Google first? A variety of reasons. I think it will go over better on a resume in my local area, there are more speciality areas within Google's certifications, and it overall just seems more organized to me. Also, I like niches.

Background:
    I am not (as of this time) doing any of this yet because I'm currently studying for my CCNA.

Probably most people are going to just tell you to go with AWS, and I don't necessarily think that would be bad advice but ultimately it's your choice.

Hope this helps "somehow" and best of luck!

• JB_15JB_15 Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much MontagueVandervort

Your response is very clear and structured, and the path makes senses, especially to a cloud newbie like myself.

I did however slip up by not mentioning that at my company Azure is being used and is the preferred Cloud Technology, so I guess for growth opportunities it will also make sense to look into Azure.

I will however do AWS as well.

Thank you so much for your time and kind words!

Regards

• MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□