Options

HDI and ITIL Study Materials

tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have seen a lot of help desk support and desktop support ask for HDI and ITIL certs in job postings lately. I have some done research and I have not found anywhere you can simply buy a book or cheap training materials so you can just take the tests. Are these certs not like CompTIA and Microsoft certs? Are these certs more along the line of "let your job pay for it" or "don't worry about it until you get the job and let the new job pay for it?" 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've taken the ITIL Foundation cert and that is all I basically did. Just purchased one book, the "ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide" by Helen Morris and Liz Gallacher. But the materials is very dry. I would pair that with the ITIL videos at CBT Nuggets. I mostly studied from the videos, referencing the book to fill in some blanks. You can get this cert in less than a week.

I paid for the test and study materials myself but if I could do it all over again I'd have the company pay for it. Especially if you're going into a help desk role.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Spiegel said:
    I've taken the ITIL Foundation cert and that is all I basically did. Just purchased one book, the "ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide" by Helen Morris and Liz Gallacher. But the materials is very dry. I would pair that with the ITIL videos at CBT Nuggets. I mostly studied from the videos, referencing the book to fill in some blanks. You can get this cert in less than a week.

I paid for the test and study materials myself but if I could do it all over again I'd have the company pay for it. Especially if you're going into a help desk role.

Thanks for the advice! Actually would just getting the practice test from the HDI website be enough to pass? I think the practice test and the exam would only cost $200 together. It seems like it is a low risk investment.