Taking test on the 21st

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
I've been slacking for the past couple weeks on my study for this exam and decided the only way that I am going to really be motivated again is to sign up for it so that I have a target date by which to be ready.
I hope I have more confidence by the 21st because right now I don't feel ready.

Comments

• Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was wondering where you went. Glad to hear you are trying to get back on track. Im in the same boat man, its hard to teach yourself sometimes.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I just started going over some of the material again today and it's weird...

I did a few practice tests and I actually did really well but I had to re-read the questions and really think about it.... I had a much easier time with the practice tests a month ago....

I like that I'm scoring well in the practice tests but I hate that I am second quessing myself on half of the questions.

It must be the nice weather I swear.... In my free time when I'm not with my fiance or working on our wedding plans I go home after work and feel compeeled to work on my house and yard.

Anyway, I hope that my motivation to study will return in full force here in the next day or 2.
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I actually try not cram study. I seem to study for a while and then see what sticks a few weeks later so i know exactly what i still dont have down. Sometimes putting it off isnt always a bad deal.
    That actually makes a lot of sense and does hold true in my case. I could tell the things that I struggled to remember the most when I took some practice tests today.
  • -prophet--prophet- Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I totally agree! I've been sitting on my CCNA for ages... If a company were paying for me to take the exam, I would have done it by now :) I think it is possible to study forever if you don't set a date, that 'I don't feel ready' feeling is always on my mind. Good on you MD, get it over and done with, maybe I'll get the courage to do the same too!
    Part of the reason I set a date is because the new fiscal year starts in July. Every fiscal year we get our new tuition reimburstment at work which also counts for these exams.... I only get my money back if I pass the exam, so I do have a little bit extra to work for I guess.
  • mvastarellimvastarelli Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You set your dates pretty far ahead. I'll normally book an exam 2-3 days before I want to take it. Good luck on it. I'm sure you'll do just fine. You've been preparing for a while.
    CompTIA Tests: 220-301, 220-302, N10-003, SY0-101
    Microsoft Tests: 70-270, 70-271, 70-272, 70-536, 70-526, 70-502
    I've always made it a habbit to set my date a week or 2 in advance. Just something I'm used to I guess.Tonight happens to be one of rare free nights after work. I will use tonight to study for a while.... I will try to resist the urge to do more work on my house which is what I've been motivated to do for the past month in my free time instead of studying.