Options

what kind of weight does the mcse carrie these days?

i've got my NT mcse and just got my ccna today and want to pursue something else, but can't figure out what. I was thinking of upgrading my MCSE, but was wondering how much weight it carries. I know my NT track one is worth squat. Since security is a hot area these days was thinking an MCSE with the security specialty might be good.

Also, by having my NT version, do they still offer that one test for us that counts for the core exams, or something like that.

Would I maybe be better off with maybe straight security cert...and not the security +.

Is it really worth the effort upgrading to 2003 from NT? Will it help much with your marketability?

Comments

• Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    sleemie wrote:
    i've got my NT mcse and just got my ccna today and want to pursue something else, but can't figure out what. I was thinking of upgrading my MCSE, but was wondering how much weight it carries. I know my NT track one is worth squat. Since security is a hot area these days was thinking an MCSE with the security specialty might be good.

Also, by having my NT version, do they still offer that one test for us that counts for the core exams, or something like that.

Would I maybe be better off with maybe straight security cert...and not the security +.

Is it really worth the effort upgrading to 2003 from NT? Will it help much with your marketability?
    Sorry... You are not going to like hearing this. You are at square one... Entire re-write of all exams.

Msce cert is worth little without experience. They go hand in hand because no one will let you work on their equiptment without certs... Catch 22.

Any cert is a good cert. Build your credentials. MCSE Security is the flavor of the day and can't hurt.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    sleemiesleemie Member Posts: 109
    i'm already working as a network support person, so i've got the experience under my belt, just wondering if it's worth the trouble of getting the mcse 2003 in terms of marketability and I guess the knowledge gained from it also. I'm fairly new to being an admin so I'm sure a lot of what i learned from it would be new to me.
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Give it a shot.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?