Options

Just passed secutiy+, should I go for CEH?

stefkstefk Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys! I have been a security and Linux enthusiast since I was 16 (I am 22 now) and I have been working in security for about two years. Since I work in a small company, I perform a range of tasks which vary from penetration testing and auditing to implementation of SIEM, firewalls and review of internal policies/procedures.

I have done my A+ exam and just passed the Security+, considering my ideal career path would be penetration tester-->Security Architect (hopefully), I was wondering which exam you would suggest to go for, as I know there are lots out there and I wouldn't want to get multiple certs that are on the same level (like gsec and security+).

I have basic knowledge of scripting/programming languages such as Python, PHP, Javascript etc. and a very good understanding of web application penetration testing.

I have made a quick list with some approximate dates for my next certs and I would really appreciate it if you could give me your feedback on it (I don't have to necessarily obtain these certifications and in this exact order but I just wanted to have a baseline to work with).
  • Certified Ethical Hacker
  • Comptia Cybersecurity Analyst
  • Comptia Pentest+
  • Web Application Penetration Testing
  • Global Information Assurance Certification Penetration Tester
  • GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester
  • Comptia Advanced Security Practitioner
  • EC-Council Licensed Penetration Tester
  • Offensive Security Certified Professional
  • Certified Expert Penetration Tester
  • GIAC Exploit Researcher & Advanced Penetration Tester
  • Certified Expert Penetration Tester
  • Certified Information Systems Security Professional
  • Certified Information Security Manager
Also, for CEH would you suggest to enroll with online/classroom training with EC council or to just study by myself? I studied for A+ and Sec+ by myself but I could not find a good CEH online course which wasn't directly provided by EC council.

Thanks and have a lovely day!