Provisionally passed CISSP Mar 2019

mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
edited March 2019 in CISSP
I provisionally passed the exam today. Exam stopped at question 145 as I ran out of time. I didn't panic after question number 100 and just continued grinding but was rushing more due to time limitation. The biggest challenge for me was going through 150 questions in 180 minutes.

Best resources I will recommend is:
  • Boson ExSim 2018 10/10 (Best resource out there for the style of questions that will appear on the test Best/Most/First etc) 
  • Cybrary CISSP 9/10 Very good for introduction but not in depth enough to pass.

Remember, everything on the syllabus is testable no matter what you think. The depth of several questions definitely caught me off-guard.

Best tip I can give as was already mentioned many times is to watch "Why you will pass CISSP" by Kelly Handerhan. It is crucial for passing the exam.

What's next? I will take a little break so I can stop dreaming about firewall ACLs and then regroup.

Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

Comments

• jumblerrjumblerr Member Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! 
  • FSF150FSF150 Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I haven't seen that webinar but will have to check it out. I always recommend Fun with CISSP Questions: "The Absurd, The Drink the Kool-Aid, and The Ugly" to help people get in the "think like ISC2" mindset. 
    Take a breather. You've earned it. 
    First we drink the coffee. Then we do the things. :neutral:
  • oscarmackoscarmack Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.  what was you scores in boson tests?  I am scheduled for my exam Friday march 8.  I have progressively gotten better on each of the 5 Boson tests  at 62%, 69% and 73%.  I still have 2 more test to do so i hope my trajectory keeps going up. 
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    About low 70s but I've taken advice from others to not rely on the scores and just use it as a study resource. I've read all of the explanations even for the answers that I got correct. 

You obviously won't see the same questions on the actual exam, but I still think it's a great study resource to get used to properly analyzing/eliminating wrong answers.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, and thanks for the insights.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • AvalonXAvalonX Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    FSF150 said:
    Congrats! I haven't seen that webinar but will have to check it out. I always recommend *snip to help people get in the "think like ISC2" mindset. 
    Link is down for that Webcast, do you have another source?
  • FSF150FSF150 Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    AvalonX said:
    FSF150 said:
    Congrats! I haven't seen that webinar but will have to check it out. I always recommend *snip to help people get in the "think like ISC2" mindset. 
    Link is down for that Webcast, do you have another source?
    Came right up for me. You do need to register an account to actually watch. URL is https://www.sans.org/webcasts/99157 or just google the webcast name. 
    First we drink the coffee. Then we do the things. :neutral: