CISSP Provisionally Passed

StrikingInfluencerStrikingInfluencer Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey TechExams community, I wanted to share with you my thoughts of the CISSP as I provisionally passed it today.  This has been a great relief for me as I started studying about 5 months ago and my 26th birthday is in 2 days so it will be a nice weekend.

Background:

- BS Info Tech - WGU
- Lots of other certs
- Almost 8 years total IT experience
- 3 years CyberSec experience

Study Material Used:

• uCertify - ISC2 CISSP Study Guide 8th Edition - $230
  • udemy Thor Pedersens CISSP courses (You can find these on sale for about $11.99 each with four total)
  • Boson exam simulator - $75

Thoughts and Takeaway:

So the exam was actually a lot more straight forward than I thought it would be.  What was very tricky and something I had to watch for on lots of questions was the small word game trickery they would have.  Also it's one of those tests where EVERY answer looks like the right answer on many of the questions.  Overall I didn't find it as challenging and I thought it would be, however I did study for it very intensively for 5 months.  I highly recommend picking TWO different courses and going through them both for two different perspectives.  I don't think uCertify alone would have gotten me a pass, neither would udemys course.  Side note, Boson exam simulator questions were noticeably more difficult than the real test questions.  

I was able to get towards the end of the test with about 40 minutes to spare.  Around question 130 the test ended and I knew I either hit the pass or fail mark.  Luckily, it was a pass! 

Comments

• PeterHandsPeterHands Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude. Did you not read the Sybex book? Also were the questions a few sentances long or paragraph questions?
    ISC2 CISSP, EC-Council CEH, CompTia Security+
  • StrikingInfluencerStrikingInfluencer Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think that the uCertify course I had might have been mostly based off of the Sybex book.  Most questions were not longer than a few sentences for my test. 
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! Party hard since it's your birthday and you've passed the CISSP exam.  B)
  • wiwatprwiwatpr Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. good information.
  • roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A CISSP at 26 is pretty good! I think a lot of us are going the other way, we come from a time before certs were the 'be all' and before cyber was called 'cyber'. It's a 'back in my day story', when it was known simply as 'Information Assurance'. But now the CISSP is king and many of us had to get it to remain marketable. But its not an easy task, no matter your age. Congrats on the pass!
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Big congrats! Now go celebrate B)
  • StrikingInfluencerStrikingInfluencer Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!  It was very much a journey.  Now onto my next ventures!
  • jazz_01jazz_01 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your success! :)