Options

Looking to do the CSA+

tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□

Hi,

I’m looking to do this one next provided it adds some value to my current skill set. At the moment I hold the SSCP/eJPT/ISO27001 lead Implementer but my duties as an information security officer have moved over to  SOC with ½ technical ( just to give you some background ).I wanted to do eLearning’s Incident Response Handler next but alas I can’t afford it of my own back and I was interested in the CSA+ as an alternative.

I’ve seen the outline for the course but has anyone taken the any CSA+ courses and what did you learn, it there practical value that can be applied rather than just remembering questions for an exam pass? Would really appreciate any feedback please?

Comments

• Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Note that the acronym is CySA+ now. 

triplea said:

it there practical value that can be applied rather than just remembering questions for an exam pass? Would really appreciate any feedback please?
    Just like with any exam, the value you get is what you put into labbing and hands on practice. CySA+ exam is more hands on with vulnerability/scanning tools than say Sec+
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So what did you learn on a practical basis and where did you start from?