Failed CASP CAS-003

cl0udedth0ughtcl0udedth0ught Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
I took CAS_003 over the weekend and failed it. That test was no joke. Below is what I used to study/experience.

-Read Pearson book and made flash cards
-Purchased the Pocket Prep app on the google play store and was scoring about 90% on the practice tests
-Watched the Cybrary videos 
-Previously took A+, Net+, Sec+
-Bachelors in Computers Forensics
-9ish years of Windows System Admin/help desk experience

At this point I don't even know what else to study if I were to try it again. I felt like I had studied for the wrong test in a way. Everything out there seems to have so-so reviews study material wise. Also, Comp TIA doesn't give you an actual grade when you finish so I really have no idea how close I was to passing other than it shows the areas you missed a question in (which was most of them). I felt like I had a pretty good handle on the stuff in the book and the pocket prep questions were way easier than what I saw on the test. My company paid for the voucher so I'm not really out much money other than the book/pocket prep but I did spend alot of time studying and am kinda bummed. Does anyone have any suggestions before I throw in the towel and move on to a different exam?

Comments

• mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I haven't taken CASP, but my advice would be to go over all of the recent "Passed CASP" posts and narrow down the top 5 most recommended resources and go from there.

CASP exam is no joke as you found out.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I took CAS_003 over the weekend and failed it. That test was no joke. Below is what I used to study/experience.

-Read Pearson book and made flash cards
    -Purchased the Pocket Prep app on the google play store and was scoring about 90% on the practice tests
    -Watched the Cybrary videos 
    -Previously took A+, Net+, Sec+
    -Bachelors in Computers Forensics
    -9ish years of Windows System Admin/help desk experience

At this point I don't even know what else to study if I were to try it again. I felt like I had studied for the wrong test in a way. Everything out there seems to have so-so reviews study material wise. Also, Comp TIA doesn't give you an actual grade when you finish so I really have no idea how close I was to passing other than it shows the areas you missed a question in (which was most of them). I felt like I had a pretty good handle on the stuff in the book and the pocket prep questions were way easier than what I saw on the test. My company paid for the voucher so I'm not really out much money other than the book/pocket prep but I did spend alot of time studying and am kinda bummed. Does anyone have any suggestions before I throw in the towel and move on to a different exam?

Don't get your head down man.  I took the CASP-002 in 2016 and thought it to be much tougher than the CISSP.  Honestly, I had to fall back on personal experience for several questions. From what I have read the 003 is just as bad or worse.    This video has pretty good reviews and comes as par of a Safari books subscription:  https://learning.oreilly.com/videos/comptia-advanced-security/9780134855615  Good luck next time man!