Options

Finished My CCNP

twolefteyestwolefteyes Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, yesterday I took Tshoot and finished up my CCNP. I used Boson Netsim and INE workbooks with rental racks to practice. I felt like the exam was pretty easy I was able to quickly figure out the issues rather quickly and felt like the issues were sticking out like a sore thumb for me. INE felt like it was a little more difficult because the amount of configurations they put on their devices makes it difficult to narrow down your search.

It took me around 3 months going from the start to finish my whole CCNP. I studied at least 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. I looked at many different study sources and found out the Cisco White Pages were the best source of knowledge and relied on them for my whole route exam. I never read a full book maybe a few chapters. I did use INE videos to help me with things but didn't 100% use that as my main source. 

I hope this helps others that want to pursue their CCNP and gives them a little insight on what I used to pass my exams.
Thanks all,
-lefty
Certifications:
[x]A+
[x]Net+
[x]Sec+
[x]Linux+
[x]CCNP R/S
[?] Whats next?

Comments

• Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on finishing CCNP. Now go get that money 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great feedback.

How much experience did you have going into the exams?
    Did you pursue this right after CCNA or was there a gap in between.
    8 hours a day was very ambitious were you working or focused just on study.

Congratulations!

• Options
    twolefteyestwolefteyes Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jon_Cisco said:
    Great feedback.

How much experience did you have going into the exams?
    Did you pursue this right after CCNA or was there a gap in between.
    8 hours a day was very ambitious were you working or focused just on study.

Congratulations!

I did a few years working with military networks. It was a year after I did my CCNA when I started my CCNP. My job allowed me to study during work hours. I still had to go to meetings and do projects but when I was free all I did was study. It wasn't 8 hours straight. I don't think I could focus that long. 
    Certifications:
    [x]A+
    [x]Net+
    [x]Sec+
    [x]Linux+
    [x]CCNP R/S
    [?] Whats next?