Options

I just passed my CompTIA Linux+ certification exams!

2»

Comments

• Options
    SurchiSurchi Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Mate!
    How hard was the exam?
    How many questions were there?
    From where you took the training?
    Please answer my questions because I'm also planning to do this course.
    Thanks in advance!

Best e-learning websites:
    udemy
    DDLS
    ALC Training
    Logitrain

• Options
    jasper_zanjanijasper_zanjani Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Surchi said:
    Congratulations Mate!
    How hard was the exam?
    How many questions were there?
    From where you took the training?
    Please answer my questions because I'm also planning to do this course.
    Thanks in advance!

It was pretty damn hard.
    I think there were something like 50 questions on each part
    I wrote recommended resources in my post.
  • Options
    SurchiSurchi Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    edited August 2019
    @jasper_zanjani You scared me mate :(
    No worries I'll share my result as well hope I'll clear it.
    Thanks!
    Best e-learning websites:
    udemy
    DDLS
    ALC Training
    Logitrain

• Options
    DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Jasper, Congrats on your pass! Although, I must admit, I'm more curious about your PCAP cert as I'm learning Python right now. How difficult was that exam? What resources did you use to study? For me, I'm currently using a project oriented course on udemy. I'm not sure of the best approach to the PCAP...
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • Options
    DFTK13 said:
    Jasper, Congrats on your pass! Although, I must admit, I'm more curious about your PCAP cert as I'm learning Python right now. How difficult was that exam? What resources did you use to study? For me, I'm currently using a project oriented course on udemy. I'm not sure of the best approach to the PCAP...
    PCAP is a pretty challenging one because it requires deep knowledge of how data structures, order of operations, precedence, etc work in Python. Your best bet is to go through the entire free online prep course at OpenEDG which is Python Institute's own website. Having said that, I've found that literally nobody knows about this certification so it hasn't exactly paid off for me as a credential.. Microsoft also has a Python certification that I've been eyeing and which may have more credibility behind it.
  • Options
    taddy0721taddy0721 Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed my LX0-103 last week and I just walked out of the test center having passed the LX0-104! Ask me anything!
    Hi Jasper! I've read your post and it's inspiring and encouraging! I've been wanting to jump fully into IT for the last few years, but health issues have gotten in the way.  But, your use of Anki caught my full attention because I need the most efficient study methods if I'm to get through these certs that I have in mind. Rereading texts, rewriting notes, highlighting, etc. has NEVER worked for me. But, I really love how Anki, I believe, will be a game-changer for me. I've watched some Youtube videos on Anki and will be going through the manual soon. because I want to learn how to use it the right way. 

Do you have suggestions, recommended training, or advice on the best way to use Anki for technical studies? I saw that a lot of the people that use it are pursuing medicine and wondered how effective it would be for someone who wants to pursue technical certs (glad I found you as proof that it can be done). I'm going to start with studying for my A+, but was wondering about the best techniques to use to create meaningful cards that wouldn't be just a regurgitation of my book or notes I've found. I want to make sure I'm using Anki to my advantage and not to my detriment...lol. Any advice would be great.
  • Options
    I would suggest treating it like a new language or like any skill in coding.. start small and iterate. It's most useful as a tool for review, so keep in mind you will have to be putting in effort over time to make flashcards that will really only be useful for long-term recall, which is what Anki is designed to improve. My meaning is that you shouldn't expect Anki to drastically improve or change your learning methods. Rather, put in a little bit of time into review everyday, and over the long haul you will forget less than you would have otherwise.
    Definitely do not try to do what others do, which is download someone else's deck in its entirety and try to memorize information you've learned primarily from Anki decks. That is a waste of time
  • Options
    taddy0721taddy0721 Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest treating it like a new language or like any skill in coding.. start small and iterate. It's most useful as a tool for review, so keep in mind you will have to be putting in effort over time to make flashcards that will really only be useful for long-term recall, which is what Anki is designed to improve. My meaning is that you shouldn't expect Anki to drastically improve or change your learning methods. Rather, put in a little bit of time into review everyday, and over the long haul you will forget less than you would have otherwise.
    Definitely do not try to do what others do, which is download someone else's deck in its entirety and try to memorize information you've learned primarily from Anki decks. That is a waste of time
    Jasper thank you so much for that information! I think I'm overthinking the process of creating the cards because I wasn't sure how to even create effective cards for technology. I come from a Science background and now trying to break into tech, so my experience is in creating cards for Biology or Chemistry lol. I think I'll just create cards based on the official objectives because I was overwhelming myself and trying to create cards for everything. I just need to hone in on my process so that I can use this as a tool to get my first few certs. Thanks again for taking time out of your day to respond!