Passed w/ 852!

hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
Passed Security+ this morning, it wasn't as hard as what I was anticipating. There were a few questions that were not worded well which were probably the ones I missed!

Comments

• Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nice job. do they seem to ask the correct % of question from each section?
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Please share a bit about how you prepared for this exam.
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude - what's next..........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    It did seem to have about the correct percentage of questions for each domain. As far as preparation goes, I have about 6 years experience as a network admin and I used CBT Nuggets, the Security+ StudyGuide Third Edition from Sybex (which came out around the first of May this year) and a couple practice exams from PrepLogic and the one that was included with the study guide. And Techexams of course! I spent about 10 days preparing for the test. For me a big part of the test was more common sense; a lot of the questions had only one obvious answer. There were a few questions that were not worded well. For me my experience was probably the best asset I had going into the test.
  • hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    The obvious next step for me will be 70-291 to finish MCSA 2003 and then 70-299 for the security side.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Well done.

Congrats!
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • fastboy@adelphia.net[email protected] Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hanakuin wrote:
    It did seem to have about the correct percentage of questions for each domain. As far as preparation goes, I have about 6 years experience as a network admin and I used CBT Nuggets, the Security+ StudyGuide Third Edition from Sybex (which came out around the first of May this year) and a couple practice exams from PrepLogic and the one that was included with the study guide. And Techexams of course! I spent about 10 days preparing for the test. For me a big part of the test was more common sense; a lot of the questions had only one obvious answer. There were a few questions that were not worded well. For me my experience was probably the best asset I had going into the test.

10 days! icon_eek.gif I studied for over a month and failed it by five questions.