Options

Passed CISSP today on 1st attempt - credit to Larry Greenblatt and his material

JGSJGS Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I feel very fortunate that I provisionally passed my CISSP today.  I had a voucher that expires tomorrow, so I decided to take it thinking that I would fail. I had taken a course a year ago, but I didn't think it was that great (and don't remember that much).  I didn't really have time to study but I have completed several SANS courses this year.  

Some people had recommended Larry Greenblatt's youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLYbFtS7G9E

I watched this video and thought it was very helpful.  So I explored his website and found that one can purchase a recording of his course for $99. I did that, but only had time to watch 1 day of his course due to other time commitments - but thought it was very good.  He has 100 practice test questions and one can purchase a personal exam review package of these practice test questions - which I did.  I reviewed these questions with him two days ago - I think I only got about half of them right (I didn't count), but going the answers with him, I started to understand how I was selecting the wrong answer.  

So I didn't have much time to prepare and was very surprised and happy to pass.  The exam had many questions which I was unsure of and I tried to use what I learned from Larry to answer.  Frankly, I am very surprised I passed, but very happy.

Whether or not, you purchase any of his material, I highly recommend watching his video.

I only managed to read 1 chapter of the Sybex book and take 1 practice quiz with the online material from Sybex.  I have only been in the Information Security related fields for about 6 years and most of what I do is completely unrelated to the CISSP material.  The SANS courses did help for the technical questions as well as my software development background and project management experience.

Good luck to all!

Comments

• Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! Yea I watched some of his videos as well and he does a good breakdown of questions and how to approach them. 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux