Options

Question

wizarddeathwizarddeath Member Posts: 115
So would a Sybex or Tod's book make you a "paper ccna"? Im in the process of reading this book, and buying my lab this week(a 2501, 2620, 1924 and 2950, good lab per friends request). I considered aslong as you could do all the stuff on the exams, you wouldnt be a paper ccna or brain ****?
70-291 Next....

Comments

• Options
    DW [banned]DW [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 240
  • Options
    thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
    get rid of that 1924 bud..try to get you another 2950
    Switches are bridges on steroids!
  • Options
    wizarddeathwizarddeath Member Posts: 115
    Ok thanks. Trying to take all the practice exams and things I can get my hands on. I'd like to take the exam next week(I would of said attempt but Im trying to keep it positive outlook, since even the proctor at my Network+ said most people fail the first time around).

I feel comfortable setting up Vlans, general set up of routers, most of the rip, eigrp, and ospf. Subnetting isnt to bad. Acess list not bad on, only thing Im trying to keep my work up on is route summariztion. From decimel to binary, I can do, from Hexa to binary isnt bad, but from decimel to hexa is still tricky for me.

Also, I keep hearing about people drawing out subnet charts, and things during the survey. Maybe its cause i havent seen one other then just like a Binary and hexa chart, but what would you draw? I usually just go in and count octets, and use the 2 to (network barrowed bits) power minus 2, = usable subnets(without ip zero), and 2 to the remaining host bits minus 2 = usuable host per subnet. Am I missing something?
    70-291 Next....