Are wireless headsets as bad as people say?

victorjohn9211victorjohn9211 Posts: 5Member ■■□□□□□□□□
I have heard from the people regarding radiation of the wireless or Bluetooth headsets. Many of them are too bad for our body, is it true?

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc CISSP, CHFI, CEH, CCNA RS/Sec, MCSA Server 2008, Project+, Security+ce, Server+, Network+, A+ King City, CAPosts: 615Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm a very skeptical person, and I never worried about it during my time selling them at RadioShack.  I know there are studies that measure the output power between standby and in-use, but I don't think there is anything definitive.  But then again, just breathing causes cancer... at least in California.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb They are watching you Posts: 3,261Member ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've read it is the bluetooth technology that gives off the radiation.  So not just wireless headphones... every bluetooth device.   But also that these bluetooth devices give off a tenth of what cell phones give off... So if you aren't worried about using your cell phone.  You definitely shouldn't be worried about the headphones.
    GCIH | CCNA:Sec | Net+/Sec+/A+ | CCSK
    Goals in progress: MSc in Computer Science (specializing in Cyber Ops) , CISSP
  • thomas_thomas_ CompTIA N+/S+/L+; CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S Posts: 882Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    Look up the recommended distance for keeping your cell phone away from your head. I would lean towards it being bad, but no one seems to care.

I think reading about Tim Ferriss doing an experiment and keeping a cell phone in his front pocket affected his sperm cell count.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Senior Member Posts: 6,779Mod Mod
    What happens if you keep it in the back pocket? Curious minds want to know.
  • MrNetTekMrNetTek 41 certificate exams, 51 training certificates, and a bachelor's and master’s degree. Posts: 87Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    There is no real evidence that supports wireless headsets are bad for you. If that were true, all the gamers would be dying or dead. MANY things give off radiation....it's the amount that is significant. Radiation from Bluetooth tech just doesn't qualify as a significant amount. You're more likely to die from Doritos and sugary drinks, than radiation from Bluetooth. 

-MrNetTek at your service-

LinkedIn  Tumblr  Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Mix  My Blog

• thomas_thomas_ CompTIA N+/S+/L+; CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S Posts: 882Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    What happens if you keep it in the back pocket? Curious minds want to know.
    I’d imagine it would be similar to the front pocket.