Options

CISSP Questions format under CAT

ice9ice9 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
Quick question for the community. I don't believe this is an issue with the ISC2 code of ethics.
For those that have taken the CISSP exam recently, is the CAT testing format only A to D question/answer format now?
When I took the 250-question version of the exam, there were comprehensive, lab, scenario (drag this, put these security controls in the proper order) type questions.  I know CompTIA Security+ 401/501 still have "lab" type questions if you will.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    internutzzinternutzz Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited September 2019
    I haven't taken the CAT exam but the format and scoring for all exams is explained in the following link which suggests some questions are more than just standard multiple choice: (I can't post links still, but I'm sure you'll figure out how to make this into a proper link) https www isc2 org / Register-for-Exam#accordion-b910a90c529245f2b5c2946a120daa5d
  • Options
    StrikingInfluencerStrikingInfluencer Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the CAT CISSP a few months back and had no lab questions.  It was actually quite straight forward and most of the questions were multiple choice. 
  • Options
    LSageeLSagee Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Standard multiple choice, no going back to questions you answered. No labs (at least stopping at question 100 for me anyways).
  • Options
    StrikingInfluencerStrikingInfluencer Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited September 2019
    LSagee said:
    Standard multiple choice, no going back to questions you answered. No labs (at least stopping at question 100 for me anyways).

Yeah it basically stops whenever you achieve a passing score.  So what I've heard from other people is that it is extremely nerve wracking if you get towards the end of the test and the test ends because at that point you're unsure if it was a pass or fail.  For me it was closer to question 130 so I knew I was a lot closer to that line.  If your test stops at question 100 you were doing really damn well.
  • Options
    ice9ice9 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the quick responses.  Checked out the CISSP exam FAQ "Interutzz" posted from a link.   It appears that all Innovative items/questions are possibly limited to Drag & Drop and ordered list formats. Only a shot in the dark, that there would be 5-10 of these questions.  Thanks again!

• Options
    LSageeLSagee Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LSagee said:

Yeah it basically stops whenever you achieve a passing score.  So what I've heard from other people is that it is extremely nerve wracking if you get towards the end of the test and the test ends because at that point you're unsure if it was a pass or fail.  For me it was closer to question 130 so I knew I was a lot closer to that line.  If your test stops at question 100 you were doing really damn well.
    It didn't feel like I was doing well at the time and it was a bit unnerving when the test stopped so abruptly. I was expecting to go further in it than I did.  :)
  • Options
    donw35donw35 Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I Took the Exam yesterday, got to 150 questions and stopped, lets just say that I didn't pass the exam, feeling frustrated as I thought I was doing well. I'll just keep taking it till I pass, the good news is my company will pay until I pass.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    donw35 said:
     lets just say that I didn't pass the exam, feeling frustrated as I thought I was doing well. 
    Usually you'll hear the opposite on these forums as in 'unsure how I was doing until the exam stopped' Good luck on your next attempt. 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux