MCSA

saddlebagssaddlebags Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Someone was telling me the other day about the A+ and electives or something for the MCSA. Does this mean if I have the A+ and say Netowrk+ or Server+ they count as 3 electives towards the MCSA and I'd only need 2 MCP's? I plan on doing as many of them as I can anyway but I just wanted to clear this up. What other qualifications would count towards the MCSA?

Thanks!

Comments

• jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    saddlebags wrote:
    Someone was telling me the other day about the A+ and electives or something for the MCSA. Does this mean if I have the A+ and say Netowrk+ or Server+ they count as 3 electives towards the MCSA and I'd only need 2 MCP's?

No, you need A+ and Network+ to count towards 1 Microsoft Elective for MCSA. So, you could take (in my case) 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, and then use A+/Net+ as the elective to become an MCSA (which I'm still working on).

You could also use Security+ as an elective by itself, for either MCSA and MCSE, but I don't believe you can apply it to both, if you use Security+ for MCSA, you can not use it again for an MCSE Elective.

Also, you can combine A+/Server+ instead of A+/Network+ for MCSA...However, for sake of confusion, just go to these 2 sites for info on each and what is required:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/ for MCSA info.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/ for MCSE info.

Good Luck! :D
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • saddlebagssaddlebags Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks very much. I understand it better now.
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    OK, I stand corrected. I hadn't noticed before that Security+ was an elective for MCSA, though I knew it was for MCSE.