Options

bsci or bcmsn

thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
Well after getting ccna im gonna jump straight into ccnp. A co worker just passed bcmsn and has given me all his study materials, but my question is, Would it be wise to do bcmsn before bsci? Is one harder than the other? I want to jump into switching and get the ball rolling. Thanks everyone.
Switches are bridges on steroids!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I think most people will agree when I say bcmsn is a tad easier than bsci, also a bit less material, but it differs per person and depends a lot on your current knowledge/experience. Doing BCMSN prior to BSCI should be doable though, especially when the CCNA info is still fresh.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i would be more inclind to say bsci as its all routing and ccna will transfer easily.. bcmsn for me was a hard test even with work experience.. so much qos, multicasting, redundancy and switch knowledge with routing
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CIT last.... and take good troubleshooting notes while studying for the other 3 exams since that makes up a lot of the test material for the CIT.

I don't think the order of the other 3 matters too much.

BCMSN has the advantage of the lowest required passing score -- so if you're self-studying, it would be the most forgiving of "study errors or omissions."
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!