Options

Failed, 706.

CataclysmCataclysm Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is my second time.. first time I got a 727. This time, I knew a lot of the material, I just forgot it when I was inside the little damn room.

Once question that plagues my mind is an output of the show ip interface and it shows

Hardware is Lance, line is up, protocol is up..

BW 100000 Kbit..

I said it was FastEthernet but Im starting to think it was Ethernet. Can someone clarify off what I've given or is that not enough information.

Comments

• Options
    CataclysmCataclysm Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also, when a VLAN is created.. does it create more collision domains or more broadcast domains. I think I said collision domains but now I'm beginning to remember that it's broadcast. icon_neutral.gif God I'm so mixed up after that test now..
  • Options
    twiggy87twiggy87 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hardware is Lance, line is up, protocol is up..

BW 100000 Kbit..

That's definitely Fastethernet because it's 100 thousand kbit or 100mb
    Also, when a VLAN is created.. does it create more collision domains or more broadcast domains. I think I said collision domains but now I'm beginning to remember that it's broadcast.

From the ccna perspective a vlan creates more broadcast domains and makes them smaller, using a layer 3 functionality. Layer 2 switching breaks up collision domains by default. Dont stress too much, the ccna isn't "easy" icon_smile.gif. At least you've seen it twice now so you almost know what to expect

All the best of luck!! Make it a third time lucky icon_cool.gif
    If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.