Laptop question

coma0blackcoma0black Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I'm new to these forums so...... Hi!

I have a question regarding laptops. I was watching some good old late night TV last night and I saw an ad for a Toshiba Satellite A75-S221 laptop for AU$540 (Approx. US$400) delivered. Specs are:
3.20GHz P4
512 MB RAM (Up to 1.5GB)
80GB HD

This looks like an awesome deal to me and would go pretty nicely as part of my lab although I have read some poor reviews on this model (as well as fantastic ones) and I don't really trust things that get advertised on late night TV. I also shouldn't really be indulging in things like this when I am barely scraping enough together to pay for tuition for my certifications.

I'm eager to hear all your thoughts...

Comments

• OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    P4 laptops=mediocre battery life
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

I dont rate laptops one bit, if you plan on watching a DVD on the train or playing solitaire on the bus, then by all means get one. If not then build a cheap basic PC, i could build one for less than £250, thats 17" CRT, Intel Celeron D 2.6, 256 RAM, 40GB Hard Disk, Keyboard Mouse. All Black or Black/Silver. If you make sure it has an AGP it can be upgraded at a later date and sold on if you dont need it.

Hope this helps

Lee H