Options

What after CEH if u are interested in Cyber Security and Networking Zone?

R1TR1T Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am really confused! Its not easy to select as their are many options out there.I need help and Guidance Pls.

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    SANS certification (if your employer can sponsor it).

eLearnsecurity have good courses

ISACA CISA

ISC2 CISSP (if you have the experience requirements).

if you tells us more about your current experience/degree/certs and career goals, we can help you more
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    shahlapirniashahlapirnia Registered Users Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GIAC.org has an array of certifications.

Definitely check out their website.

WIP: Security+ 601
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    For people who think they may be interested in cybersecurity as a career path, I always advise looking at the study materials for the CompTIA Security+ certification. If you are specifically interested in (Cyber) Security Operations Center (SOC) work, look at the CompTIA CySA+ certification.

If the topics in either of these certs really interest you then you might be right for a cybersecurity career. If you think the material is dry and boring, you might be better to consider cybersecurity as a side-specialization to a different primary career path, such as software development or network engineering.

For an introductory look at IP networking as a career, CompTIA Network+ and Cisco CCNA are what to look at.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well OP, I guess it depends on which area in cyber security you are interested in. There are many areas (auditor/consultant), policy, penetration testing/red teaming, blue teaming, DF/IR, the list goes on. Not sure of your background/work experience but I would say reach out to people you work with/know and ask them for lunch and see what they do, what day to day is like, perks/downsides etc. Another cert isn't going to help. Once you know what path you want to go down, then pursue a cert that can lead into that potential job etc.