Cisco Switch Upgrade Commands.

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
edited October 2019 in Off-Topic

Cisco 3850 Version 03.07.05E

software install file flash:cat3k_caa-universalk9.16.06.06.SPA.bin new force

Cisco 3850 Version 16.5.5

request platform software package install switch all file flash:cat3k_caa-universalk9.16.06.06.SPA.bin new

Seriously? WTF! You would think they would want to keep things more or less consistent from version to version. I for one do not want to learn a completely new operating system every time they change IOS version. Who are the morons that design these IOS versions? What do they say?  "Gee, We haven't have enough tech support calls this month, lets change everything just for fun."

Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can't copy the bin file to the flash memory, set the boot file, and be done with it?
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited October 2019
    Possibly, I haven't tried that. My point is there never seems to be a common platform with Cisco, commands are different from version to version. Some still work, others don't.  I just wish they pick a standard and stick with it. I would think there would be fewer bugs that way too. 16.x.x version, max block size is 1468, down from 8192. It took 5 hours to copy a new IOS to a remote switch the other day.  Thanks Cisco! 
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What protocol are you using to copy?  5 hours seems like a long time?