What is "winter" business casual for you?

That Random GuyThat Random Guy Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited November 2019 in Just for Fun
Hello,

I'm not exactly the brightest or the "flauntiest" but I was wondering what IT folk wear during the colder seasons? Yes, I'm that ignorant. Shocking.

I've been doing fine with dress pants/khakis and polo shirts.... but now I don't know what works as far as business casual goes.

It will be up to taste, sure, but what do you like to wear during the colder seasons? Figure I could get some clues this way.

Comments

• thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wear dress pants and polos.
  • Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Winter was always my favorite. I could dig up my comfy sweaters and cardigans. Usually paired with some chinos. That was my norm.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Lycra bodysuit to keep warm, usually in Tron pattern.

A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Here in Southern California, the weather goes from quite hot to rather chilly. However, in the building where I work the temperature manages to always be about the same, so I wear the same long-sleeve dress shirts and slack all year round. My only wardrobe change might be layering with a light jacket in Winter.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    nice pair of jeans and shirt.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    casual slacks and a polo shirt.
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    If it's too cold for a short-sleeve shirt like a polo, you could always go for a cotton button-down shirt with jeans/khakis. Those tend to be a bit heavier of a fabric than your standard dress shirt, so you're going to stay warmer in them. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with just wearing a work-appropriate 1/4-zip sweatshirt over your summertime business casual.
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Khakis and flannel or OCBD with a sweater.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    edited November 2019
    My definition, but I'm fancy like that.

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Neil86 said:
    Winter was always my favorite. I could dig up my comfy sweaters and cardigans. Usually paired with some chinos. That was my norm.
    This is my go to... Sweaters and hiking pants (they look like khakis but more conformatable) from Eddie Bauer is most of my work woredrobe. 
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    tiara and jeans
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My preferred business casual look would be nice shoes, jeans, and long-sleeved dress shirt. In the winter I replace the jeans with slacks and wear one of my many nice sweaters. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    yoba222 said:

That face when someone is wearing the same outfit as you at the office... 
  • danielskirkdanielskirk Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yoba222 said:

That' looks great!