Options

CCNP SW 300 115 Exam Topics

pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all,

Had a question about the ccnp sw exam for anyone who might know.

Will Logging, SNMP, IP SLA be covered in the exam? 

Its not mentioned on the exam blueprint.

Asking as im sitting the exam next week and ive only studied whats on the exam blueprint.

Thanks All 🙂
[X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
[  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
[  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
[  ] CCIE R&S LAB

Comments

• Options
    p0sitron_col1drp0sitron_col1dr Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hate to post such a short comment, but you will need to understand the different versions of SNMP, the purpose of SNMP traps, and so on. I don't recall IPSLA as a primary focus covered in any of my 300-115 study material. If any of the study material covered this topic it might have been on INE because they are very in-depth. I checked the blueprint for the new ENCOR 350-401 and IPSLA is definitely covered in section 4.5 "Configure and verify IPSLA".

On Pearson's site they have the topic listed in their SWITCH lab exercises product in section 13 "IP SLA Echo Configuration" and challenge labs section 11 "Configure Network Monitoring Using IP SLA". This could be an indicator that it would be beneficial to learn for this exam. It's probably not a topic on the same level as EtherChannel, HSRP, VRRP, or GLBP yet good to know especially when transitioning into the new certification path in February 2020.
  • Options
    pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hate to post such a short comment, but you will need to understand the different versions of SNMP, the purpose of SNMP traps, and so on. I don't recall IPSLA as a primary focus covered in any of my 300-115 study material. If any of the study material covered this topic it might have been on INE because they are very in-depth. I checked the blueprint for the new ENCOR 350-401 and IPSLA is definitely covered in section 4.5 "Configure and verify IPSLA".

On Pearson's site they have the topic listed in their SWITCH lab exercises product in section 13 "IP SLA Echo Configuration" and challenge labs section 11 "Configure Network Monitoring Using IP SLA". This could be an indicator that it would be beneficial to learn for this exam. It's probably not a topic on the same level as EtherChannel, HSRP, VRRP, or GLBP yet good to know especially when transitioning into the new certification path in February 2020.
    Hey Mate thanks alot for your post.

Thankfully Im familiar with concepts and config of the mentioed as Ive passed the route and I use SLA and SNMP at work.

Was just wondering if i needed to relearn the granual details I may have forgotten for the exam.

[X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
    [  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
    [  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
    [  ] CCIE R&S LAB