Options

What are y'alls goals to 2020?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hawk321Hawk321 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thomas_ said:
    Personal Goals:
    • Lose 30 pounds.  I'm sitting at 230 and it would be nice to get back down to 200 and not have a gut, or as big as one, anymore.
    Loosing weight will benefit you in so many areas. Nice to read...something aside Certs
    Degree in
    computer science, focus on IT-Security.
    CCNA R+S and CCNA CyberOPS
    LPIC-1,LPIC-2,LPIC-3: Security
    Ubiquiti: UBRSS+UBRSA
    some other certs...

• Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Certs:  CISSP-ISSMP, PMP,CEGIT,CCNA

Professional:  Attend 25D school (  Finally)   I hold the position but I need to fly back to the US for a school date.  24 months after I get the MOS the idea is to go WOCS . I would like to  hit 250K annual and buy a small house .  

Personal : Start to learn arabic 
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited October 2020
    I hate certs, actually I don't but it's so frustrating when studying for a technology and tool in the midst of it the company turns to something else and will no longer be leveraging that tech lol.  I can see why people are drawn to vendor agnostic certs.

I've been going through some stats courses on Coursera through Rice.  After I complete that looking at machine learning courses through MIT.  49.99 can't beat it.  
  • Options
    sephiroth66sephiroth66 Registered Users Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bit of a late entry but here goes..

• Finish out the next 3 semesters at school (currently going to local community college for my AAS in LAN Systems Cybersecurity specialization. They offer a BAS in the same study so that's in my 3-4 year plan) - Finished out the last 2 semesters and working hard on the third!
    • Get my Sec+ certification and possibly start to study for CySA+ and Net+ - No updates here.. :(
    • Completely overhaul and manage my companies cybersecurity training, processes, policies, and documentation. (They currently don't do "cybersecurity" per say so I'm carving out my niche and essentially shifting my job role gradually on my own :) - so far it's working out great!  My CIO is all for it so I'm taking full advantage of this.) DONE currently working to managing our cybersecurity team and got a new title of Information Security Manager!
    • Lose about 15lbs of fat. Whoops.. I was supposed to lose weight....? lol
    • Get my deadlift up to 405lbs (currently at 335lbs) - I haven't tested 1RM in a bit, probably lower than previously. Just started lifting again after a hiatus. 
    • Spend more time with the wife and kids. Always strive for this each year. - Well ...THANKS COVID!! haha
    • Work on home improvement projects (kitchen overhaul, tile in living room, bathroom remodels, etc.) - 1 bathroom down, 2 more to go!
    • Clearing out and cleaning up our yard. (we just moved to place with 6+ acres so it's allot of brush/cactus to manage) - Not much progress here.
    • Get my car check engine light fixed so it can pass inspection. - Nope, but thanks to COVID local law enforcement are not checking inspection stickers ;)
    • Do some barn repairs and cleanup at new place. (Previous owners had not maintained it for over 15 years) - Not much progress here
    • File my business taxes! lol - OMG I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING
    • Salary wise I'm hoping to hit 70k this year (currently at 64k ish). That would require an almost 10% raise so I'm not holding my breath.  Got over 11% raise so this actually went beyond my goal!
    • Take a good vacation. - Maybe one day...
    • Relax and enjoy not moving this year.  - Relaxing is NOT going to happen unfortunately. 
    • Hopefully have enough time to play the remake of FF7 when it comes out. (I at least bought the game lol)

Oh wow, I've made some good progress in some areas, but not in all lol. Now, if you'll excuse me I have some late taxes to file. :D
    Certs: VCA-DBT, Network Certificate (LAN Systems - Network Administration)
    2021 Goals: Sec+ SY0-601, AAS (Cybersecurity Specialization)
    2022 Goals: CISSP
  • Options
    secureckbsecureckb Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hawk321 said:
    ORACLE: Pushing ORACLE DB exams... while I had 2 semester of sql and  1 semester of pl/sql and at work I managed some serious important Databases (MariaDB and PostgreSQL) ...I did not managed a Oracle DB.
    My new employer is focused on Oracle so I need to learn it

CISCO Enterprise: I don't believe that I will finish it this year...but I want to start. Actually I wait for VIRL 2

Python: I do scripting with BASH incl. respecting clean code. But I want to get more serious with Python. At college I had Java...which I don't need as an OP. The concepts come in handy, because I know all the needed stuff like OOP, clean code, recursion etc.

BOOK: Yep...I write a tech book ... needs time.

Most of my efforts depend on the current job situation, the last months were troublesome.

Non tech goal
    AVOIDING F***ing Corona Virus ...heck Austria closed train traffic to Italy yesterday...hope this crap wont enter Germany on a big scale like it happened in China/Wuhan...
    Oracle DB is a GREAT one..trust me...:)