SSCP eligibility questions
Hi, I'm thinking about getting my SSCP BUT I want to do it in my free time without my work knowing as I want to move away from being a sys/network admin and go into security thus leaving the company.
But my question is then how would I prove my eligibility? I read somewhere that ISC will call your current and previous jobs to check your work experience, is this true?
They can call my previous jobs but not my current one of course as I dont want to stay.
But maybe my previous jobs are good enough to be eligible too. You have to have 1 year experience in one of the following domains:
- Domain 1. Access Controls.
- Domain 2. Security Operations and Administration.
- Domain 3. Risk Identification, Monitoring and Analysis.
- Domain 4. Incident Response and Recovery.
- Domain 5. Cryptography.
- Domain 6. Network and Communications Security.
- Domain 7. Systems and Application Security.
I hope anyone can make this clear for me, otherwise I'm going to have to go for the Comptia pathway I guess..